Upcoming Events & Conferences:
Past Events & Conferences:
- January 13-14, 2018, The 13th Annual San Francisco, Men Having Babies
Surrogacy Seminar & Gay Parenting Expo
- 30 May 2017, The Surrogacy Process between Italy and California, Reproduction and Parenthood, “La Sapienza” University, Rome, Italy.
- 20 May 2017, Anthropology of Kinship – The case of Italian Gay Parenting, in collaboration with Milano-Bicocca University and the Archeological Museum of Milan: “6 Anthropologists in the city”, (Italy).
- November 2016, San Diego (CA), The meaning of Parenting, Department of Women’s Studies, San Diego State University, California (USA).
- July 2016, Milan (Italy), Kinning and de-kinning: kinship practices between “parental figures”, “reproductive collaborators” and children among new family configurations, EASA (European Association of Social Anthropologists), University of Milano-Bicocca.
- June 2016, Padua (Italy), “Between Anonymity and Relatedness: the Involvement of the “Reproductive Others” into the Italian Gay Families”, 1st National PhD Conference in Social Science, University of Padua, Italy.
- May 2016, Lisbon (Portugal), “Sterility of the couple, Individual Fecundity: the Medicalization of Fertile Bodies”, ESA (European Sociological Association Mid-Term Conference of the Research Network on Sociology of Health & Illness – RN16).
- 18 December 2015 Prato, “Ethical Dilemmas on the Field: the Practice of Surrogacy between Italy and California”, III National Conference SIAA (Italian Society of Applied Anthropology).
- November 2015, Workshops on Methodology of Anthropological Research, IED, European Institute of Design, Milan, Italy.
- 9 May 2015, “Da la sòca alla müda. Showcasing of the Lombard Traditional Costume”, Civic Museum of Silk Abegg, Garlate (Lc).
- 1 August 2014, Tallinn (Estonia), “And then we bought the sperm. Body substances, economic exchanges and intimacy in lesbian families”. 13th EASA biennial conference, Collaboration, Intimacy e Revolution – innovation and continuity in an interconnected world.
- 14 July 2014, Siena, “We are two in a name.” Experiences and Reflections on the Construction of the (Double) Motherhood in Lombardy. Seminar on LGBTQ parenting, Department of Social Sciences, University of Siena in collaboration with the Department of Humanities, Arts, Culture, Science Education, University of Foggia.
- 12 May 2014, Parma, “Anthropological Reflections on Gay Parenting”. Workshop on parenting: “Parents like the others”, Department of Psychology, University of Parma.
- 23 March 2013, Bergamo, “The dress. Identity sewn artfully”.
- 16 December 2013, Rome, “In two inside a name. An Ethnography of Lesbian Motherhood in Lombardy”, La Sapienza University, as the winner of the award “Mara Baiocchi” (Best MA Thesis in LGBTQ and Gender Studies)Past E